Yeah, Pops!

Yeah, Pops!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Laperoscopy (it that spelled right?!)

I have been having major, serious, annoying problems with my body lately. I will use this as an excuse of why I haven't blogged lately. I'm going in for a Laperoscopy tomorrow, and am hoping that my OB will figure out what is wrong with me. My recooperation time is supposedly a week, but hopefully I will be feeling better after sleeping off the anesthia.
I am so excited about my life right now!!! After Bobby and I joined the church, we had a really hard time finding our identity and who and where we fit in with the church. I have tried to read the Book of Mormon, like, 50 times. I don't think I've actually even gotten through half of the Book of Mormon. One of the biggest problems I have is understanding what I'm reading. I explained this to one of my friends, and she gave me the Book of Mormon for latter-day saint families. It's filled with information on the bottom of the page that includes definitions of words, explanations of symbolism, and other great stuff (it also has pictures!). I started reading about three weeks ago, and am now starting the book of Mormon. And the great thing is, I totally understand what I'm reading. It is so wonderful, and I actually enjoy opening up my scriptures and reading. One of the biggest things I have noticed since I have started reading my scriptures is that there has been tons of opportunities to share the gospel ALL THE TIME. I probably talk to somebody about the gospel two or three times a week! I think that is so amazing! The other great thing is that I feel it's easier to make good decisions. My T.V. time has come down, I'm not yelling as much, and I feel more calm. It is a great feeling. If anybody is reading this, and doesn't understand why reading scriptures is so important: Just start reading! You will start to see blessings almost instantly!

2 comments:

Lehis said...

I totally agree, and this is something I need to work on. We read scriptures everynight as a family, but half the time I am barely paying attention because one child or the other is needing attention. I need to STUDY the scriptures. And when I do, our whole household transforms.
As far as finding your place... I think this is something everybody struggles with. The most important relationship is between your family and Heavenly Father. When we focus on that, everything else seems to fall into place. We love you guys. I hope you're feeling better. :)

Suburban Monkey said...

That is so fantastic Anne. The Book of Mormon is such an amazing book with a wealth of spiritual insight, and just like any book gaining the relevance and importance can only come through a correct understanding. Once you understand what your reading the knowledge and applications are endless. What a great example you are to your family and friends.

I hope the laparoscopy went well and that the doctors were able to help you with your health problems. I am still waiting to be scheduled for mine so you will have to tell me how awful it is. Let us know if we can do anything for you. I will still never forget that awesome homemade chicken soup you made and brought over for me after I had my wisdom teeth taken out! Your the best!

I totally have to brag!

I totally have to brag!